After a bit of thought I’ve come up with my seven basic social commerce actions that can happen outside of a traditional e-commerce web site.
– Wish List – asking and begging friends to buy you something
– Gift – buying something to give to a friend
– Group Buy – buying something together
– Advise – asking friends for advice on a prospective purchase
– Recommend – suggesting a specific item to a friend
– Share – letting friends know what you just bought
– Review – rating and commenting on a purchase
It’s worth bearing this list in mind when planning your social commerce activity on Facebook – its not enough just to replicate the search and buy (catalogue shopping) process – you need to think about the social context.