Knowing what to measure matters
Simple question, as raised by Business week’s excellent Social Media Snake Oil article. If you run a social campaign with Nudge Social Media then you’ll be marketing direct to consumers (rather than the blogosphere) and we’ll be measuring the following:
- Sales – if you’ve an online fulfilment system like Photobox you’ll have seen direct sales from an app like Super Photos
- Sales Results By Qualitative Assessment – Britvic saw 37% of users of our Tango Head Masher app say they went on to buy a can of the famous drink, that’s against a benchmark of 25% for similar types of campaigns.
- Engagement Time – any Brand owner knows that the more time a customer spends in your world (and they enjoy it) the more opportunities you have to message them. We measure visit time – and we saw users spending 3 minutes on average whilst playing the Tango Head Masher.
- Daily and Monthly Active Users – the follow up to Engagement time is to get users returning day after day, we can measure this too
- Key Performance Indicators – on a per campaign basis you might have specific indicators which we track using our n-stats tool
Key Performance Indicators is often where the in-flight optimisation happens and this might include:
- organic ratio (how many users have arrived via the viral loop as opposed to media spend),
- campaign link traffic (to other properties such as a web site),
- demographic stats (anonymised age, gender and location information),
- Facebook integration point use (bookmarks, tabs added and so on)
- campaign actions (mashing a photo, uploading an image, making a comment)
If you’d like to find out more about how a social media campaign can guarantee ROI results for your brand then do give me a call at Nudge on 0207 096 0146