I had a quiet go on Parking Wars the other day and am now hooked.
So what’s going on?
It’s a social game that obeys some of my great app principles (top secret for now):
- turn based – I can play against friends who are in different time zones
- quick to move – a move takes a few clicks and I’m done. I can “get away with” a quick turn just before I pop out for a lunch break
- uses the network effect – gets better the more friends I have who play, I have more places to park for a start
- unlockable rewards – I enjoyed explaining its badges system to a colleague
- can see how I’m doing – yay I’m already a Parking Pro after only a few days.
- simple simple simple – it really is
- raid and reward – I can quietly park on non-active users streets and avoid a ticket – thank you Joshua March for not playing today ;o)